Under fire conditions Flamex One and Flamex Two intumesce, forming a foam-like structure which insulates and provides a barrier to hot gas and flame.
Flamex One emulsion based sealant sets quickly and gives excellent adhesion to most building materials. It has a 10% movement accommodation factor for low movement joint sealing and gap filling applications such as fire door frames. Flamex One is also suitable for sealing around fire protection boards. It can be used in joints from 5 to 20 mm. The minimum depth of seal should be 15 mm. Acts as an acoustic sealant.
Flamex Two high performance sealant forms a tough, flexible rubber-like seal with a movement accommodation factor of 25% for high movement situations. Flamex Two is suitable for expansion joints in building superstructures and may be used in both internal and external joints. Flamex Two can be used in joints from 5 mm upto 50 mm wide. The width of sealant should ideally be twice the depth, with a minimum depth of 12mm. In trafficked joints, sealant depth should be a minimum of 20 mm. The use of a surface primer is always required.
- Extensively fire tested in accordance with BS 476 Pt:20:1987.
- Fire tested in overhead joints as well as in wall joints
- Over 4 and 5 hours insulation and longer integrity rating,depending on joint design
- Suitable for fire stopping of joints as defined by Approved Document B of the Building Regulations
- Prevents the passage of smoke through joints under fire conditions
- Effective as normal building sealants and allows structural movement
- Flamex Two is resistant to a range of chemicals
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.