Regional HSE Manager
Strategic HSE support to champion continuous improvement in safety culture and performance across the European business as a key business partner to all functions.
Understand and assure compliance with legal regulatory frameworks and Group policies and directives on HSE including product stewardship.
The role involves some local and international travel between Fosroc sites.
Key Working Relationships:
- General Managers and other senior managers
- GPM Team, especially the Group HSE Expert
- All OpCp staff in all locations and roles
- External Regulatory Bodies as needed
- Monitor and develop/ deliver plans to meet all regulatory frameworks and Group policies and standards in the areas of HSE, including product stewardship, e.g. REACH, GHS. Review internal HSE policies and practices against these requirements to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments. Work closely with the Group GPM team especially GPM HSE Expert on a regular basis to ensure deliverables are met.
- Direct the resources and activities of the business to support HSE standards and programmes by providing advice and guidance to management at all levels in the organisation. Identify, develop and coach internal HSE resources to be effective in meeting all policies and requirements.
- Maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the business to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs
- Assist the business in the investigation of all incidents and ensure that reporting and documentation requirements are properly completed to the right standards and in a timely fashion.
- Devise, supervise, present and coordinate training programmes or media that will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness.
- Actively participate in the scheduling and conduct of safety meetings across all business locations to review HSE performance and policies, and to promote inclusion of all staff in shared HSE goals and objectives.
- Maintain incentive programmes and periodically review them to ensure they are achieving the right outcomes and delivering the right results, making necessary changes to maximise effect.
- Conduct formal, scheduled and unscheduled HSE inspections and audits, reporting results to and recommendations to senior management and the Group HSE Expert
Key Skills and Experiences
- Degree level education and/ or considerable comparable experience and advanced knowledge in manufacturing/ chemical environments with direct responsibility for HSE systems and performance.
- Formal HSE certification & accreditation and demonstrated passion for the subject area.
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and oral presentation. Requirement to speak before internal and external senior management, employees, clients, and contractors.
- Able to lead the UK Business through the accreditation process for ISO 18001
- Physically fit and capable of attending production and construction sites; climbing ladders, entering confined spaces.
- Career history in chemical / operational process management / O&G / Power / construction (Tier 1) / manufacturing
- Grad/Chartered HSE professional with IOSH
- Degree / NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health (OSH)
- 10-15 Years OSH experience
- >5 years regional / management experience across EU
- Certified Lead Investigator – TAPROOT / TOPSET
- In-depth knowledge of UK, European and international EHS legislation / conventions
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to think “on your feet” and to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction from senior management.
- Fluent English is essential and Spanish-speaking skills are advantageous.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format. Good negotiating skills. Ability to make good judgments and make good decisions.
- Certified Lead Auditor – ISO
- Degree level qualification in management (HR / Strategic Leadership etc.)
- Diploma in Environmental Management (NEBOSH or at least level 4)
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.