12 month fixed-term contract starting July 2019.
To support the company’s product development delivery incorporating the Innovation Project System and local developments, by working on specific projects either as a team member or for minor projects as the project leader.
Undertake product testing according to national or European standards.
Evaluate alternative raw materials, reporting the work accordingly.
To support the Quality Control department as required, normally through specified QC tests for particular raw materials or Fosroc products.
To be responsible for all aspects of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) in one of the three Development laboratories.
Applications can only be considered from candidates being already based in the UK, having a legal right to work in the UK and attaching a copy of your CV
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Improve the delivery of new products which increase trading profit.
- Undertake independent product testing to prove product datasheet claims.
- Assist with new raw materials and finished goods approval (according to company Guidelines) to support the supply chain and generate savings to the bottom line.
- Laboratory maintenance including some SHE.
Key Working Relationships
- UK and International Technical team
- Product Segment Managers
- Operations Manager/Department
- Fosroc International Laboratory team
- Test houses
- Equipment suppliers
- Material suppliers
Knowledge/Experience/Key Skills/Personal Attributes
- Currently reading a Chemistry or Materials degree.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic.
- Willingness to be ‘hands on’. Good practical skills.
- Knowledge of different technologies particularly: cement; epoxy; PU and acrylic.
- Able to prioritise and deliver products based on business/commercial requirements.
- Proactive and flexible attitude with ability to work in different teams.
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.