Expert Business Excellence
To support and challenge the region in delivering the Operations Improvement Programme and to be a change agent.
To support the region ensuring the best manufacturing and operational practices are established and developed.
Provide first point of expertise and support in Business Excellence.
To work with and support the Factory and Operations Manager community in the regions as well as HQEBE (Health & Safety, Quality, Engineering, and Business Excellence) functions, to facilitate the delivery of their respective objectives within the designated functional area of responsibility including business excellence and quality.
Encourage and establish knowledge-sharing through the group's Expert Forum.
Applications can only be considered from candidates already being based in the UK, having a legal right to work in the UK and attaching a copy of your CV
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure that Group HSE standards and best practises are built into the design of Capital projects
- Support Business Excellence projects
- Support the development and implementation of Fosroc operational standards
- Support Regions and functions with projects and on-going operations
- Support group Business Excellence function during projects and the use and maintenance of the Expert Forum
- Manage 3rd party resources and build the required partnerships to support major projects for the Group
- Promote the HQEBE function as a centre of expertise for business excellence and project management throughout the group by delivering articles through the Expert Forum
- When required, Support HSE and Engineering functions to review standards by providing constructive feedback to further raise standards
- Provide expert views and feedback to Capital Expenditure submission by clarifying a Statement of Need (SoN) when required and support the Options Study stages
Key Working Relationships
- HSE, Quality, Engineering & Business Excellence
- Project Managers, Operations Managers and local Factory Managers
- Group Leads: HSE, Business Excellence and Engineering
- 3rd party partners to support Major Capex Projects
- 3rd party process Innovators and OEM’s
Knowledge/Experience/Key Skills/Personal Attributes
- Degree in Engineering from a recognised university, preferably Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in a batch manufacturing industry
- High energy and drive, with ability to work across boundaries and influence key stakeholders.
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven experience in setting up and achieving sustained success using Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, and Quality Control plans
- Strong ability to manage and influence virtual teams across multiple projects
- Mobile and willing to work away from home base for extended period of time
- Strong IT skills including MS office and data analysis
- Exposure to manufacturing/production in the chemicals or materials processing industries.
- Experience in successfully conducting change management projects
- Knowledge of two or more languages
Based in Tamworth with some travel across the region (10% to 25% - Dubai, Kenya, Spain, Denmark, Turkey & Iran)
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we'd love to hear from you.