The surfactants in Cebex 031 react in the cement:sand mixture to produce insoluble hydrophobic precipitates. These have a two-fold effect in reducing the permeability of the mix as they both repel moisture, due to their hydrophobic nature, and act as pore blocking agents to reduce the inter-connectivity of porosity in the mix.
- Contains hydrophobic chemicals that minimises water penetration of mortars, renders and screeds.
- Provides integral protection to the mortar, render or screed, ensuring reduced permeability all through the applied material and not only on the surface.
- Reduced water permeability minimises efflorescence caused by transport of dissolved salts through the mix.
- Entrained air bubbles assist in the formation of a stable cohesive mix, reducing segregation and bleeding and improving spreading and placing.
- Air entrainment improves mortar workability, allowing lower water contents to be used.
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we’d love to hear from you.