The ambitious expansion project of King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) in Jeddah, worth $7.2bn is now in full swing. The airport, which has been designed to achieve a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver rating will be the home to the world’s tallest air traffic control tower, standing at a height of 135m.
The aspiring project that sits on a total land area equivalent to over 7,000 football pitches will be completed in three phases with the final phase to be completed by 2035.
The Contractor (Building Roots) was looking for a company which could provide them with materials that can be durable, trusted and available with the required technical and site support at all times.
Fosroc has introduced the right solutions throughout the project execution period taking into considerations each case separately to specify the suitable material.
- Supercast PVC XHD Range, (Waterstop) Total Quantity 28000 LM.
- Supercast SW30, (Swellable Waterbar) Total Quantity 31600 LM.
- Supercast Predimax Inj. Hose, (Re-Injectable Waterstop) total Quantity 10000 LM.
- Renderoc FC, (Repair Material) Total Quantity 7200 Bags.
- Renderoc TGXtra, (Repair Material) Total Quantity 3200 Bags.
- Renderoc LAXtra, (Repair Material) Total Quantity 1000 Bags.
- Nitobond AR, (Bonding Agent) Total Quantity 6000 Ltr.
The solution provided by Fosroc was the appropriate option for the client to meet the technical requirements; moreover, the continuous technical support and supervision were of great value to guarantee proper application process.