To lead/manage and direct the Production team, to ensure the efficient manufacturing operation and a continuous improvement environment while meeting all KPIs.
To lead/manage and direct the Production team, to ensure the efficient manufacturing operation and a continuous improvement environment while meeting all KPIs. Implementation of Manufacturing methodologies under Master Assessment and Action Plan (MAAP). Support the HSE Responsiable in ensuring compliance with all HSE requirements to meet both Fosroc and local regulatory requirements. Ensure production meets demand requirements while integrating with the developing S&OP process to meet inventory requirements; Work with Assistant Technical Manager to ensure quality systems to ensure specifications and product expectations are met in a cost effective manner. Oversee capital projects for the site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with the HSE Representative to ensure that the Manufacturing activities are fully compliant with company HSE Policy and procedures.
- Responsible for all day to day facets of production including HSE, production management, sourcing, and inventory.
- Lead the daily production meetings and interface with Sales on demand planning to meet supply requirements. Lead meeting as required to support these activities.
- Ensure that weekly and monthly production forecast are prepared to meet sales forecast demands and implement an action plan to achieve OTIF 98%.
- Weekly and daily production schedule development and planning; MRP
- ERP implementation based on the Operations readiness.
- Inventory management to target 30-35 DOH on average.
- Compilation of manufacturing reports and KPIs as required by General Management and the Group MAAP structure.
- Responsible to KPI’s and explain variances with action plans.
- Development and execution of operations improvement plans.
- Ensure the factory and warehouse assets are maintained in good working order and are available for use in line with Group reliability targets. Ensure a maintenance schedule is developed and implemented in line with OEE.
- Keep close communication and cooperation with Technical Dept. for quality control from suppliers, WIP and FG. Formulation productivity and new product development gates.
- Manage the Interco sales, ensuring all order transactions with FGT are 100% compliant.
- Efficiently manage the total Supply Chain activities including logistics and purchasing. Optimise relations with key suppliers, cost reductions and delivery lead times.
- Maintaining optimum supplier structure & management.
- Responsible for maintaining Departmental expenses and to ensure all costs meet budget. Particular focus on COGS and cost reduction plans.
- Manage the performance development process to ensure all employees understand their performance results, expectations and succession/training plan in a continuous improvement culture.
- Ensure the plant is maintained in a 5S sustainable environment daily.
- Project management of CAPEX projects from concept to commissioning.
- Working closely with project teams to ensure that the design and implementation of a manufacturing project meets the requirements for the Operating Company and Fosroc
Key Working Relationships
- Management Team and GM
- Operations, Finance and Technical Departments
- Global HSE and SC Managers
- Regional Operations Head Asia
- Relevant Government Authorities
Key Skills & Experiences
- 7 yrs + operations experience in related industrial Chemicals industry.
- Leadership: 3 yrs + working experience as an Production or Factory Manager in a similar industry; with cross functional and multi -discipline groups.
- Degree from a recognised university.
- Solid understanding of all HSE policy and procedures in a chemical industry.
- High integrity and compliance.
- Team player with ability to create a high motivational environment.
- Command of both English and local language; both written and oral.
- Process Engineer qualifications in a batch manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead/manage strategically but also hands on approach and engagement at the grass roots level. Understanding of all manufacturing processes.
- S & OP.
- Marketing awareness & intelligence to spot trends & make proposals to Senior Manager.
- Technical background in the industry.
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we’d love to hear from you.