Master Planner (UK & Ireland)
To manage the Fosroc UK demand planning process from the sales demand requirements through to the supply delivery. Work with the key functions to align and balance opportunity with a planned response. To seek consensus support from the local/regional management team(s) for the forward tactical (strategic) demand plan to deliver the required business performance.
Support Delivery of the consensus demand plan through the functional delivery teams, reporting success and failure as appropriate. To be accountable for the maintenance of effective Dynamics AX data, including supporting the item code creation process, and to undertake the Dynamics AX Key user role for the supply chain and manufacturing function. The ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
Tamworth - UK
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Sales and Operations Planning for the local S&OP monthly review meeting – responsible for the analysis and presentation of the forward tactical and strategic demand plan, the proposed supply response and the supporting analysis of benefits, constraints and opportunities to optimise. Presentation and justification of the “best solution” proposal.
- Act as focal point for the collation, manipulation and analysis of the business forecast and strategic plans – converting value into volume for the modelling of the supply chain delivery to demand.
- Responsibility for the creation and management of the weekly production plan in conjunction with the production scheduler and the sales order desk, to ensure prioritisation of customer orders and optimisation of stock.
- Support effective inventory management by reviewing min, max, safety and optimum stock levels on a monthly basis.
- Accountable for the maintenance of correct and effective DAX system data – directly within the planning and operations functions and indirectly with finance and technical.
- Development and maintenance of supply chain and manufacturing key performance indicators to ensure continuous improvement across the business. Put in place formal planning policies and procedures, maintaining full alignment with Group policies and directives.
- Establish and maintain effective planning and forecasting relationships with internal and group customers.
- Develop core Dynamics AX user knowledge to become a Dynamics AX Supply Chain and Manufacturing Key User for local and group support and development activities. Coaching and training of new and existing employees in the system and the Fosroc processes.
- To minimise slow moving and obsolescent stock through rigorous adherence to stock control, production planning, product introduction/deletion procedures and policies.
- Manage the OEE process through data input through to production of weekly presentation for analysis by core OEE team
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, standards, and best practices.
Key Working Relationships
- Global Supply Chain; strategic and operational level
- Purchasing / procurement teams
- Sales Management and sales teams
- Production Management and Distribution teams
- Finance management and team
- Technical team; global and local
- Supply Chain & Logistics teams including planners and schedulers
- Third party suppliers and service providers
- Industry working parties
- Planning and S&OP network groups
- Software and application suppliers
Key Skills and Experiences
Extensive experience in a demand planning role within a manufacturing environment.
Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with cross functional teams
Ability to operate effectively at senior levels both internally and externally
Excellent MRP and data management skills, with extensive supporting experience.
Excellent IT skills within Microsoft Office suite products, particularly Excel.
Strong commercial understanding
Strong decision making skills
Customer facing experience
Self-motivated with a can-do/will-do approach to problem solving.
Dynamics AX super user
Understanding of key manufacturing principles
Understanding of key procurement principles
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we’d love to hear from you.