Objectives of the role
A key member of the operations management team, leading the maintenance function, developing and implementing a robust planned preventative maintenance system (including integration of CMMS), overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long-term strategic plans while ensuring full compliance to both legal and Group HSE requirements.
Applications can only be considered from candidates having a legal right to work in the UK and if accompanied with a current CV.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure all HSE processes and procedures are in line with local laws and Group Policies, embedding a strong safety culture throughout the team through effective safety leadership, coaching and incentives
- Ensure targets for USAC reporting and close out of actions are achieved
- Implement safety policies and procedures for the department
- Ensure systematic preventive maintenance and routine servicing of all plant, equipment and buildings through development, implementation and maintenance of a robust planned preventative maintenance (PPM) system to maximise machine uptime/efficiencies
- Management and coordination of all site contractors for both planned and unplanned maintenance activities and project works
- Management of small-medium sized engineering based projects to support LEAN manufacturing initiatives and to ensure plant and equipment is returned and maintained in fully utilized asset condition
- Issue and control of Permits to Work and Change Control documentation
- Preparation of finance memos for Revex and Capex projects inline with company policies
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of plant and equipment. Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates.
- Monitor performance through KPI’s such as MTTR and MTBF
- Coach and develop staff to build a highly flexible, adaptable and motivated team to respond to changing business needs and deliver company strategy.
- Ensure that all staff are properly appraised of performance and are fully assisted in continuous improvement.
- Assist in completion of annual MAAP pack and in the timely delivery of all MAAP targets, developing and implementing major and minor improvement projects in coordination with local project team and HQEBE resources.
- Adopt leadership role in the development and execution of business improvement projects including major Capex spend, leveraging local and Group expertise to best advantage
- Procure inventory of spare parts for plant, equipment, buildings and consumables, maintaining control of costs inline with budget
Key Working Relationships
- Regional and UK senior management team
- Operations Management team including Production, Procurement, Planning, Warehouse, Technical, QC and Finance
- Employees at all levels within other functions of the business
- HQEBE and other Group functions
- External suppliers and service providers
- Equipment and consumable suppliers
- Local & regulatory authorities
Key Skills and Experiences
- Degree in mechanical and/or electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience in developing, implementing and maintaining effective PPM system
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems with ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Ablility to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in construction chemicals industry
- Previous Experience of batch manufacturing process and powder conveying
- Understanding and previous experience within within ATEX/DSEAR regulations
- Formal qualification in HSE
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we’d love to hear from you.