Laboratory Technician - Concrete
To provide technical resource and support in the concrete / admixture segments, working along and with technical colleagues to facilitate sales to achieve their required targets.
Tamworth - UK
Applications can only be considered from candidates having a legal right to work in the UK and with an up to date CV
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To understand the needs of specific project sites and carryout trials at sites and labs to match the customers’ specifications and performance requirements using Fosroc products.
- To investigate complaints as required and implement corrective and preventative measures.
- To assist in the required annual CE marking and other testing of Fosroc admixture products.
- To assist in development of new concrete products to launch to the market.
Key Working Relationships
- Technical Team (Daily)
- Admixtures sales team (Regular)
- Operations/Production team (Regular)
- Purchasing Team (Regular)
- Specifiers, Contractors, Readymix plants, Customers and Government authorities (Regular)
- With other OpCos (Occasional)
- With Fosroc Technical Centre (Occasional)
Key Skills and Experiences
Knowledge/Experience/Key Skills/Personal Attributes
- A level in science or NVQ level 3
- Hardworking with proactive ability to manage multiple on-going activities and work flows
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Problem solving ability and positive attitude in face of adversity
- UK driving licence and willingness to travel around the UK for trials
- Batchelors degree in a science /engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Hold a recognised qualification in concrete technology
- Technical knowledge of concrete related raw materials and admixture types and their advantages and disadvantages
- Previous experience with concrete/admixture technology
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we’d love to hear from you.