Part of the North/South Regional Team to create strategy, plan, build and manage targeted Tier 1 & Tier 2 Key Accounts. Deliver profitable growth in line with the regional sales budget.
The prime objectives of the job are to manage the relationship and interaction of FOSROC with targeted key customers.
- Achieve regional sales budget across the complete product solution
- Manage a set number of Key Accounts from early engagement on projects through to supply chain agreements via regular project related meetings
- Generate and follow leads to obtain Fosroc product specification from Key Accounts as appropriate.
- Provide support to the sales team when interacting with these accounts.
- Organise and deliver CPD courses/technical presentations to Key Accounts.
- Support Sales Team on any contracts that FOSROC has with Key Accounts across the region. Engage target accounts in projects in pre-tender stages to provide the best technical and financial solutions.
- Offer Technical support pre-tender and post-tender to the key account technical teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To closely liaise with other members of the regional sales team, regional key account manager for North/South and National Specification team when calling on contractors who may be preparing tenders for contracts in order that a Fosroc product submission can be made.
- To find and engage with the key people within the targeted organisations and create a technically led partnership leading to FOSROC being considered as their first priority/contact for their project demands.
- To produce and deliver technical presentations as may be required to assist in the job holders overall work activities assisting the key Accounts with value engineered solutions.
- To produce and deliver such product training presentations as may be required by customers.
- To introduce complete product solution offer to Key Accounts
- Stay abreast and circulate relevant market information
- Act as a company liaison with major/targeted contractors and interface with other Fosroc Units in respect of product and technical issues
- Identify supply chain agreement opportunities
- Provide specifications, Technical Documents and Quotations to Key Accounts with the assistance of Regional Sales Teams
- Monitor all submitted Specifications/Quotations through to order conversion
- Achieve targets set based on Key Account turnover including quotations, Gold product sales, project leads and supply chain agreements.
Key Working Relationships
- Sales team GSM, RSM. Regional Specification Managers, ASM’s
- Other Fosroc colleagues
- Functional Corporate department staff
- Key Clients
- Leading Members of the business community
Key Skills and Experiences
Knowledge/Experience/Key Skills/Personal Attributes
- Comprehensive and broad understanding of technical sales
- Proven ability to forge strong relationships with key contractors
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Good communication skills
- Sound understanding of the UK Construction process
- Project tracking experience of specification and quotes
- Competitor knowledge
- Civil/Structural engineering degree
- Proven experience relating to technical aspects of the construction industry
- Sound knowledge of Fosroc business, products and technical knowledge