Key Areas of Responsibility
- Day to day management of the sales force, directly or through the sales managers to ensure the sales team delivers the budget sales target.
- Control selling prices to meet the budget material margins.
- Hold weekly/monthly team meetings in support of the BPM processes.
- Compilation of reports and forecasts as required. Including project pipelines and Sales Action Plans.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan that is aligned with the Group Strategic Goals specifically in terms of growth and market share. To feed into the 5 year rolling Business Plan.
- Identify the training needs of the sales team to ensure that they are sufficiently trained to professionally represent Fosroc at all times.
- To identify and manage Key Customers through the Sales Team by developing close customer relations and taking a lead role in any major projects.
- Ensure that the sales team organisation structure is sufficient to meet the growing needs of the company, restructuring as necessary to optimise the performance and sales efficiency.
- Manage the sales department expenses and ensure they are in line with current Budgets.
- Responsible for meeting KPI’s as set by the company, such as stock and collections, and ensure full awareness and team commitment to achieving such additional targets.
- Awareness of competitors activities and identify relevant threats and opportunities.
- Take control of the gap analyses and insure the sales department are always in compliance.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the GM
Key Working Relationships
- Regional VP, General Manager & Sales Team
- Local Management & Department Teams
- Other European GSMs
- Key customers (applicators, contractors, RMC’s and pre-cast companies)
- Consultants, architects and project owners
- Relevant Government Bodies
Key Skills and Experiences
- 10 years’ working experience as a Sales Manager/Director in the Building and Construction industry.
- 10 years’ experience managing and selling high specification industrial products.
- Leadership and motivational skills. Analytical and reporting skills.
- Goal and result-oriented.
- Native in Spanish, bilingual in English is mandatory (proficiency level)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and promote good teamwork with other colleague & division member.
- Construction solutions and product knowledge (cement or chemical products field)
- Excellent relations and networking among top construction Spanish companies
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Civil Engineering
- MBA and/or degree in sales/marketing related subject
- Demonstrable sound business judgement and able to work independently with little supervision
- Fluency in French