Responsible for quality of all products leaving the Fosroc Kenya site including packaging to support production through process improvements, QC corrections, appropriate mix instructions, manufacturing and packaging methods.
Objectives of the Role
- Responsible for all Quality Control, Technical and Laboratory.
- Responsible for quality of all products leaving the Fosroc Kenya site including packaging.
- To support production through process improvements, QC corrections, appropriate mix instructions, manufacturing and packaging methods.
- Responsibility to provide technical advice to customers and the commercial team.
- Responsibility for the QC Department including improvements to existing quality systems e.g. QC Specs, Test methods.
- Identify new opportunities based on market requirements and manage developments accordingly through local or IPS development.
- Manage the laboratories, responsible for HSE compliance to Fosroc Group and local requirements.
- Ensure SDS and product labeling conforms to legislative requirements.
- Literature vetting such as brochures and TDS.
- Manage the code creation and BOM entry processes within the DAX business system.
- To train the commercial team in all technical aspects of the company's products.
- To co-ordinate product launches to the commercial team.
- Ensure Technical Manual is regularly updated and the procedures are followed.
- Support Supply Chain / Purchasing through evaluation of alternative RMs / suppliers, reducing slow moving stock.
- Investigation, evaluation and advice on technical liabilities. Support commercial settlement arising from claims.
- Improve customer service through analysing customer complaints concerning quality and undertake appropriate corrective and preventative action.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure laboratory compliance to local and Group HSE requirements.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Provide technical support to sales team.
- Provide technical support to operations.
- Manage the laboratory and all technical aspects of quality control.
Key Working Relationships
- General Manager
- Commercial Team
- Production Team
- Supply Chain, Customer Service and Logistics Team Manager
- FIL Technology Team
- External Auditors
- Test Houses / Independent Labs
- Customers as coordinated by the Commercial Team
- Dial in customers
Key Skills and Experiences
- Graduate (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Material Sciences.
- 5-7 years experience in construction chemicals or related industry.
- Practical "hands on" experience, developing commercially viable products in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrate leadership skills (leading an effective technical team, agreeing objectives and review).
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Good communication and team building skills, able to teach, listen, understand and act accordingly.
- Knowledge of at least one core technology: admixtures for concrete; cement and polymers.
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing techniques and construction site practices.
- Post graduate qualification in materials science or related field.
- Mental toughness and patient measured negotiation techniques when investigating complex site or product problems.
- Able to work in a team and contribute accordingly.
- Good project management skills.
Apply for this vacancy
Delivering exceptional products worldwide
Whatever your enquiry, we’d love to hear from you.